At Haven America, we are always looking for new team members that can contribute to our success and help our company continue to grow. If you have an interest in high-end arts and crafts and think you've got what it takes, please send an email expressing your interest to Gregory Morris at email@example.com.
Who We're Looking For—Over the years, we've hired a lot of team members, and here's what we have found that works the best for us. We favor candidates with the following...
- A genuine interest in our company, our products and how you can help produce them
- Someone who not only can do the job but always seeks to do it more efficiently and looks to find a "better" way to help us make the product
- Shows up on time and is ready to make it happen
- Is willing to go the extra mile for the company and our customers
- Brings a special talent or skill beyond the norm
- A person that exceeds expectations and delivers quality
- A person that keeps their head up and can manage in a constantly changing work environment
- Art background preferred but not required
- Must be willing to learn and follow our training methods
- Must be neat, clean and anticipate what to do next
- Must be able to follow work instructions
- A person that moves quickly and is a high producer of product
- Must have a very can-do attitude (and not just the first week, but any time you're here)
Jobs—Here are the positions that we are always looking for:
Studio Assistant—Entry level product maker, reliable, honest, trainable team member in our studio. Experience in general carpentry and/or painting a plus. Skills needed are using hand-held power tools to cut and finish half inch plywood shapes. Primary tools used: jigsaw, orbital sander, Dremel, belt sander, table saw, and router. You will also be trained to work in woodshop, paint shop and shipping department.
Senior Craftsman—This is a more advanced product maker in our Studio and must be able to fully do the job of Studio Assistant (see above) plus the following, operate a CNC router, make shipping labels, prep shipping for wholesale orders, make metal pieces including frames assemble wood/lath framing for SOUL and similar product lines, assemble more complex multi-part pieces, make tables as needed. Also will do occasional carpentry within Studio such as walls, tables, counters etc as needed. Will also handle digital projects on a daily basis including making router files for the team each morning, cutting templates on Cricket Cutter for custom letter projects as needed.
Sales Rep—We have a few sales reps in the U.S. but are always looking to add more. Our typical salespersons are already sales reps for either furniture, fabric or giftware industries. If you would like to carry the Haven America line we would love to talk to you.
Website Guru—We are currently looking for a part-time website designer/coder guru to help with enhancing our current website. Someone who can suggest better ways to do things, can make technical changes to the site while working within our Shopify hosting provider.
Freelance Photographer—Ongoing, freelance photographer to take product sample photos for our websites and catalogs. This would happen on an as-needed basis as we develop products. A candidate may shoot either half day, or full day at a time when called upon. We typically shoot about once a month. 80% tabletop, 15% lifestyle and 5% portraits and misc. Responsibilities include taking photos of groupings or single product samples from multiple angles. Work closely with Creative Directors/Owners on shots and follow direction. Bring your knowledge of lighting and suggest better ways to shoot.